Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

WD my elements not recognised

This is a discussion on WD my elements not recognised within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My WD 1TB elements had 3 partitions and now gets the light turned on; it spins as well. It shows

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 01:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

My WD 1TB elements had 3 partitions and now gets the light turned on; it spins as well. It shows as unknown "unallocated" & "Not initialized" in disk manager win10, and "bad disk" in minitool partition wizard, both showinig capacity as 931.48 MB. Win explorer does not see it. Sentinel writes "WD Elements 1078 (931.5GB)" Health? , Temperature ?
Can my data be restored? How?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You can try to recover the data using the free TestDisk program. I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to restore your files to
Old 02-03-2018, 05:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

Sorry But that did not work either, any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

https://www.ontrack.com/
Old 02-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

What part didn't work? What error messages did you get? Did the software see your HDD?
If it's plugged in and powered on, put your ear next to the drive, does it sound like it is spinning? Or is it totally cold no sound? If the later, the drive has died. Your only solution would be to send it off to the very, very expensive data recovery center. Most people can't afford this.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:57 PM   #6
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

@tarkid, you need to provide more detailing if you're expecting help, one-liners and just "Doesn't work" does not help any..

What happened when you ran testdisk ?
Did you run WD's tools to examine the Hard disk ?

Closed Thread