Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

WD external hard drive

This is a discussion on WD external hard drive within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have 2years old 1TB WD External Hard Drive. recently i was trying to copy my photos from hard

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 11:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I have 2years old 1TB WD External Hard Drive. recently i was trying to copy my photos from hard drive to pc, but it was not moving or copying. some of the photos my computer couldn't read, it is loading only , I have tried with my friends pc also the same. I tried chkdsk, i scan my hard drive everything is ok.

How do i have copy my photos?

Please support me to copy my photos

Thanks
Yusuf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2018, 03:25 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Run check disk with the /R switch.
Start and Elevated Command Prompt, go to Search and type CMD right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type the drive letter for the External (ie) G: and press enter (ie) G:\> at this prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Then type Y for Yes to Unmount the drive. Check Disk will go thru 5 stages and take a long while.
To get a second opinion downl W D Datalifegurard for Windows. Run the Long Diagnostic test on the drive. If it fails, the drive needs to be replaced.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] disconnected and reconnected hard drive, now its now working
Ok so my friend wanted to put his hard drive into my pc so I disconnected my one and put in his one and it wasn't working so I changed back to my hard drive but when I try to start up my pc the screen goes black. The screen goes black after I click "Start Windows Normally". I tried running it...
Demon117 Hard Drive Support 20 07-13-2014 09:53 AM
Is my Hard drive failing?
So i'm constantly getting the error message: "Cyclic redundancy error detected" When torrenting files. It has happened with at least 4 or 5 torrents in recent times. I read online that this might be the sign of my HD failing. So i did an online analysis using speedfan and this is...
Mta88 Hard Drive Support 3 08-02-2013 07:36 AM
WD External Hard Drive won't show on my comp anymore
well i've just had 2 western digital external hard drives plugged into my comp because i was transferring some files from my external drive to another, when i was doing this one of my external drives froze and said not responding so i pulled out the power cable (not the usb cable the actual power...
paul2057 Hard Drive Support 2 09-12-2011 02:41 PM
Locked out of External hard drive
Hi, I recently had my dell hard drive fried and I'm obviously unable to boot it up. In the meantime, I've tried to take my external hard drive to another computer to access my files. Problem is that the hard drive was password protected on the old machine with the fried hard drive. Now, every...
Dtown Hard Drive Support 1 05-26-2011 10:21 PM