Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

WD Drive not recognised

This is a discussion on WD Drive not recognised within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Originally Posted by epshatto Download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic software from Western Digital. Burn the ISO image to a disk, then

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epshatto View Post
Download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic software from Western Digital.

Burn the ISO image to a disk, then boot from the disk. Run both tests on the drive.

You can also obtain a Windows version of the program you can use.
Having a similar problem to OP. Downloaded the DDL from WD, its detecting the drive, but showing that it has 0mb capacity.
Drive completely fried, or is there any hope of data recovery at all, do we think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

What is the model number of the drive? Internal or external?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Hard Drive isnt recognised?!
i have recently added a new hard drive to my computer. the problem i have is that my computer wont recognise that the hard drive is there so i have no additional memory. Help me
Chris_Johnson Hard Drive Support 1 03-22-2011 06:42 AM
WD Hard Drive not recognised
Hi, had a 500gb WD Elements USB hard drive that is no longer recognised by Vista. Is recognised in device manager but as a 2000gb drive and not initialised. Have tried using test disk but gives me nothing. Also tried the advanced option and all I get is there is no partition. Is it Fried do...
Tassie11 Hard Drive Support 3 03-18-2011 04:58 PM
External hard drive not being recognised
Hi, My external hard drive last night started playing up. I was watching a movie and at points it would freeze and I would have to close my media player and reopen and skip about a minute of the movie as it would always freeze at the same points. I tested with another video I know worked a few...
shonfield Hard Drive Support 16 02-16-2011 10:57 PM
Hard Drive not recognised !!!
HI, I'm trying to turn an old laptop ( Lifebook E6150 - s/n R0707833) into a netbook with Slitaz Linux OS. Problem is the laptop won't recognise the 10gb hard drive. Tried formatting/wiping with ubuntu @ FAT16, FAT32, NTFS but none make the laptop recognise the hard drive. Any ideas what I...
si82 Laptop Support 0 12-31-2010 03:39 PM
How to copy your operating system from one drive to another.
Please do not post in this thread. I am rewriting an article. thanks. How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another Published by JohnthePilot 11-28-2006 How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another ________________________________________ How to...
JohnthePilot Dead-Sea Scrolls 2 03-05-2007 11:47 PM