Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WD 3200AVJB Heat problem

738 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jakil 
#1 ·
I have Topfield DVB-T box with internal Western Digital disk. I was absolutely sure that the problem was in power supply capasitors, when the unit sunndetly stuckt. After soldering and testing the problem is in HD which work 100% well if it is cool. When getting warm (not have even to be hot) it totally jams. This have been justified with external box with - degrees cooling.
Any idea if it still can be repaired?
I removed the PCB but didn't find anything special.

#2 ·
Can of Electronic Freeze to find component that is "sensitive" to heat. It a staple on any Electronic repair bench. Example: Techspray Freeze Spray 10 Oz | 1672-10S (167210S) | Techspray
Now once "if" you find said component do you have the necessary electronic skill set to "identify" and procure and replace ? I don't know the answers to those questions only you do.

Best of luck

#3 ·
Thank's for a prompt answer. Unfortunately all the components are in the wrong side of the board. It would be a quite difficult task anyway, because when the disk hangs, it hangs totally my laptop (or dvb box). Never seen anything like this. So, cooling won't return the system alive = finding the exact component, it practically impossible.
Uh, quite complicated, a little bit more thinking, the problem theoretically can be also in my IDE-USB adapter, but in my both freezing problems (box and adapter) is the same common factor: the disk. So, I'm positive that the problem lies on there.
I only posted this whole thing, if somebody could have immediatelly remember some known pcb prolem in such disk.
Eventhough harddisk prices are quite high nowadays, repairing would pays it's cost only, if I can do it and not spending practically very little money :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.