Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiba c655 hard drive quest.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
Hi my name is Rob and i am from Warwick,Ri.I stumbled on this site trying to figure out a way to fix this laptop i just bought.I have a few working laptops so fixing this one is not really nessary.I bought this Toshiba C655 with a hard drive # Mk32656 for $20.It is approx. a year and a 1/2 old and out of warrenty.I plug the laptop in with the power cord and another cord from my other Toshiba and no power.My friend brought it to a computer place and they told him it wasnt worth fixing because the hard drive went.Now i didnt get any back up disks or operating disks with it.I do see replacement hard drives for around $80 that seems ok to me.My 1st question is if i can get the replacement toshiba one or should i get a bigger better one.My 2nd question is how would i restore the computer to its out of box state or how can i make the hard drive work with my comp.My 3rd question is approx. what will the cost would be and do you guys/girls think it is worth it.

Thanks for your help and i hope to learn a lot in the future from this forum.

#2 ·
If you cannot see any signs of life plugging it in, then its more than a hard drive issue.
You can probably buy restore disks from Toshiba but that is the least of your problems.
Replacing a hard drive is a "no brainer" and worth doing but it appears the motherboard is bad and that is clearly not worth doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.