Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

the disc structure is corrupted and unreadable

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
In my system when I enter into g: drive, it shows "the disc structure is corrupted and unreadable ". so I cannot enter it in DOS prompt also please help me to get data back in that drive the disc structure is corrupted and unreadable

#3 ·
As Networks suggested go to Start/Run and type CMD and press enter. In the command prompt type the drive letter of the device G: and press enter. If that gives you the drive letter, then type chkdsk /F and press enter (the /R switch is not advised if the HDD is failing)
If you can't get the drive letter and it is not available in Disk Management. Is the G: drive an external USB drive in an enclosure? if so, you can remove the drive and place it on a USB Adapter (as the logic board in the enclosure may have failed) If you still have a Drive letter but cannot access any data then download this trial version of R-Studio. It will tell you what it can recover and you decide if it is worth it to pay for the software to actually Restore your files. You will need a drive as large as the one you are trying to recover to restore your files to.

#4 ·
At least - this Monday i had the same Problem,
i tried several techniques..
- testdisk (which is for free), resetet the MBR from its Copy - didnt work
- checkdsk - it was too complicated to run this under Win7 - system says, disc is not operable
- then i downloaded other softwares, but no one helped.
then finally - i borrowed the Kroll Ontrack Easy Recovery from a friend of mine which is sysadmin and this was the really working version.
All the other softwarepackages you can find in the internet, mostly dont work.
Finally i got 675 Gbyte of lost Data back
- it took about 10 Hours
- but before i started - i had to create a free space which is ntfs formatted.
- on that target Ontrack saved the files including the whole directory structure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.