Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Tedious transfer speed between HD

This is a discussion on Tedious transfer speed between HD within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, I am having some problem regarding transferring files between hard drive. Here goes my story: At first I

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys, I am having some problem regarding transferring files between hard drive. Here goes my story:

At first I have 2 HDD, one Seagate Barracuda and one WD Caviar Green. Seagate is the primary and have my OS installed there while WD serves as "data storage". No problem so far, great transfer speed between them. Then my motherboard is "broken" and needs to be replaced, so I bought a new motherboard (ASUS M4A77TD) with new processor, RAM, PSU etc. with no HDD, I recycle both of my HDD and I only reformat my Seagate and installed Win7 on it. This is where problem comes in, transfer speed between HDD become tedious, to the extent of few kilobytes/second. Then when I cancel the transfer, accessing and viewing files on the WD Caviar Green become very slow as well.

Any ideas guys?

P/S: Both are SATA HDD and set to DMA in BIOS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 06:08 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Did you try another sata cable to the WD ? Download and run WD diagnostics on the WD
Old 12-02-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
Registered Member

Tried both way earlier. I even ran the WD Extended Test but no error shows up, btw I used HD Tune Pro as well, no luck pinpointing the problem too.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Transfer Videos/Music and Picture From iPad to PC and PC to iPad
Yesterday, I was submitted to go to China on business. It is really boring, for I have to be alone this time. I want to find something to play to help me killing the boring time on the airplane. At last, an idea occurred to me that I could take my iPad and enjoy videos during the way, so I...
alderblythe Windows XP Support 2 11-08-2011 01:54 PM
Advice?
Hi all. I hope it's ok to post this - I wasn't sure where to post it exactly but here goes. After my laptop finally died i'm in the process of choosing a new one but it has been a very long time and i'm totally lost! Essentially all i am bothered about is that: - I can use Paint Shop Pro 7...
peculiargroove Laptop Support 4 04-28-2011 09:37 AM
Slow transfer speed with router
Hi, In our house we have a home computer set up downstairs. The internet for this is connected via a modem to a router. The router is a Linskys Broadband router model WRT54G v5. My four children all have computers in their room and access the internet via their wireless networks to the...
jingles15 Networking Support 1 01-05-2011 01:00 PM