Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

System log errors on NAS drive

6K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Networks 
#1 ·
Hello:

I have 2 My Book World Edition II NAS drives. They both are configured to use a static IP address and both are on the same workgroup.

One of them is supposed to be replaced with a newer one that I just installed yesterday.

What I am trying to do is to transfer all the information from NAS1 to NAS2.

Both are connected to a router.

I created a batch file that was basically several xcopy commands to copy all the information from NAS1 to NAS2.

As this process was going to take like 8 hours I ran the batch file yesterday at 4:00PM when everyone was logged off the NAS drives.

To my surprise this morning I found out that only a portion of the files were copied from the NAS1 to the NAS2.

After reading the system logs of the NAS1 drive I found a lot of errors.For example:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected

Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (Connection reset by peer)

write_data: write failure in writing to client 192.168.10.105. Error Connection reset by peer

write_data: write failure in writing to client 192.168.10.105. Error Connection reset by peer

writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (Connection reset by peer)

write_data: write failure in writing to client 0.0.0.0. Error Connection reset by peer

getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The logs of the NAS2 drive do not have any errors.

Anyone knows what those error mean?

A failing hard drive from the NAS1? Or maybe a network configuration problem?

Thanks and help is greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#7 ·
Been at my job the one that pays me $$$ all day. If it were my setup with the knowledge I have on Lan's and see issues related to the auto negotiate all the time I would. The other posted solutions look interesting and may be worthy to try. I have no idea if either of these will solve the problem you just have to try them one at a time and see if it goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.