Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange Video Problem ...

710 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Iguanadon 
#1 ·
I'm still having this strange video problem ....

When I boot from my iBook G4 internal HD, no video problems at all.

When I boot from external 300GB HD, the video quality is so bad, I can hardly make out images, and many buttons and links are not even visible. Difficult to read certain fonts ....

But .... This is strange ... When I play a computer game (just finished Pac the Man X), then close out the game, video quality is restored to normal ... !!!

Has anyone seen this problem before? Is there an easy fix, so I don't have to play a computer game, then quit the game, just to get the video restored to normal?

This happens everytime I reboot.

#3 ·
The external HD I'm using to boot from was working just fine only a few months ago. We've had numerous power outages .... Could those power outages have damaged the driver?

I'll search for a driver download .... .

#4 ·
Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC)

The only update that I can find is this:

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC)

I'm downloading it now, and will install shortly.

#5 ·
Finished installing the update:

MacOSXUpdCombo10.4.11PPC.dmg

The update didn't make any changes at all in the video. I started Pac the Man X, didn't even bother to play the game though, just opened the game, then quit, and video is back to normal.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue, and how to fix the problem?

#6 ·
How to Transfer Everything to New User Account ... ???

I found out that when I created a new User Account, the video is normal.

Now I need to figure out how to transfer everything over to the new User Account ... ???

Especially, how do I transfer over Drop Drawers (with all of my drawers), all of my bookmarks, settings, along with everything else too ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.