Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

SSD Life Remaining Estimate

This is a discussion on SSD Life Remaining Estimate within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Reference thread: https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...k-1150201.html I installed these two identical new/recertified 160Gb Intel SSDs ( Intel 320 Series 2.5" 160GB SATA II

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 04:59 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Reference thread: https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...k-1150201.html

I installed these two identical new/recertified 160Gb Intel SSDs ( Intel 320 Series 2.5" 160GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDSA2BW160G3H (Recertified) ) almost two years ago now. They are used constantly, nearly 24 hours a day, 365 days. The OS and programs and some files are installed on C: and most pictures, music and many other files are on E:

Using the Intel SSD Toolbox C: is showing just slightly less than 100%, maybe 98% or so, just enough to see a bit of white at the end of the bar graphic. E: is showing 100% remaining.

Is it normal for the one with the OS to show a bit less?

Am I at any point for concern?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2018, 05:07 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

My System

Quite normal for a System drive to show worse SMART stats and lifespan remaining estimates, the System drive has a lot more background/Scheduled Tasks/logging etc. going on, the drive is idle for much less than non-System drives, even those that have (additional/sole) paging/scratch files on them, though non-System drives with several VMs running would probably come close.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:26 AM   #3
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Re-certified/Refurbished, if the seller mentioned that these were earlier used in DataCenters, then they have taken a severe beating already, most consumer/home use SSDs would probably not drop below 100% for day to day gaming and usage for at least 10 years.. since I/O is extremely less compared to a Data Center/Database server/VFX/Recording studio Apps.

Some of the SSDs on ebay have taken a severe beating already, however with the relatively lighter use, I wouldn't be surprised if you can squeeze another 10 years out of them..

Closed Thread