Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Seatools Reliability

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ChicksHateMe 
#1 ·
I suspect that the hard drive forum is the right place for this question, forgive me if it is not.

I've run Seatools for DOS on my non-Seagate drive, and it fails both short and long tests. My question is whether I can take Seatools as gospel, or if I should find another utility or two to verify its results.

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Re: Seatools Reliability

SeaTools can be relied upon to give accurate results (even with a non-Seagate drive). Your drive definitley needs replacing as soon as possible.

If your drive isn't made by Seagate and you want a "second opinion" just to be sure, try the DOS diagnostic software supplied by your drive manufacturer from the appropriate link here: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

But I would be very surprised if the drive did not fail that one aswell.

#6 ·
Good tests, but don't trust your cables or connections. I'm sure you've tried changing and reseating them though...

Plus, I have used the advanced features to erase a failing drive and then having it pass numerous follow-up long tests. On these drives I worry about the stability of the drive, but I can understand the ways tracks could get trashed, which might lead to the errors. Weak power, glitches,etc...

I just don't like paying shipping and/or giving up a possibly good drive without double checking and trying everything.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.