Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] SATA Harddisk to external usb conversion

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] SATA Harddisk to external usb conversion within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi i'm new to the forum and i would like to tank any responses to my questions is advance hi

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #1

hi i'm new to the forum and i would like to tank any responses to my questions is advance

hi i would like to use a internal SATA HardDisk as a external HardDisk, to do this i need a external usb enclosure for the sata HD, i found this one below

https://www.kenable.co.uk/product_inf...oducts_id=1276

would it work if i connected my sata Hd to this? It's 160GB capacity, i need to recover my documents from it.

what about IDE HD's could i use this enclose to connect IDE HD's as well? what do you think? should i go ahead and purchase this item?

many thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

it says it supports both ide and sata connections
go ahead and get it

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intermittant short duration "lock up"
while performing virtually any function, i.e. typing, reading email, moving around Outlook 2007, navagating around the web.... ANYTHING.. the machine "pauses" for 1-4 seconds.... 4 seconds is a LONG time to be typing and have the cursor not move... then PRESTO... jump ahead 13 characters and there...
snakeman Windows XP Support 2 08-02-2007 01:58 PM
Sound-driver help
Hi there. Some time ago i decided to re-install Windows, i downloaded a couple of drivers for graphics and so on, but i couldn't fix my sound. And now, from several cases i need my sound back. I got Everest but i can't really find under what flap the sound-card data is. I'm not sure if its...
Foonksh Sound Cards 24 03-26-2007 10:44 AM
Possible RAM issuies
I recently added two more sticks of 256mb RAM to my computer, in addition to the two 256mb sticks already there. The first time I started it back up it beeped twice, told me there was a memory error and asked if I wanted to continue. I did, it froze, I restarted and it went fine after, didn't even...
Raktus RAM and Power Supply Support 8 12-11-2006 08:11 PM
2 HDD & now I want 1
I had one WD 80GB IDE HD installed for quite awhile. As you know, it isn't big enough anymore. I bought a Seagate 300GB SATA drive, but kept getting contant reboots while accessing the the new drive. After going through tech support at Seagate, I was told to take the drive back to the store. I...
whammo Hard Drive Support 7 11-05-2006 02:40 PM
USB HDD+PCMCIA: urgent help needed!!!
Laptop Model : Sony VAIO pcg-z505je (old one) OS: Windows XP Professional with all updates + sp1 and sp2 installed. USB: On Board 1 usb 1.1 Port USB HDD: I purchased an iBall EC225 usb2.0 2.5" hard disk case.. put inside it a laptop 2.5" samsung 80gb harddisk. the case has 1 usb data connector...
bit32 Laptop Support 0 07-03-2005 06:15 AM