Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] pickard bell te11hc

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] pickard bell te11hc within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. my hard drive failed in my laptop segate 500gb ordered a new drive western digital 500gb installed it in my

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

my hard drive failed in my laptop segate 500gb ordered a new drive western digital 500gb installed it in my laptop boot from cd win 7 disc in loads the first part of the software when it get to the part to install it on the drive it say there is no hard drive I can see the hard drive in the bios and if I install a different hard drive (80gb) it all loads I've tested the new drive with a usb hard drive caddy and all seems fine are the drivers I need help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

No Drive to install Windows 7:
1 Boot from the Windows Disc/USB
2- Go to Repair Your Computer, Or Press Shift + F10 to go directly to the Command Prompt
3- In the RE (recovery environment) choose command prompt and type following commands pressing Enter after each bold command:
i) diskpart
ii) list disk
it will show the list of your drives, with the information:
- status
- total space
- free space
status would probably be "invalid" and free space would be "0 bytes"
you have to select the drive next with

iii) select disk <disk number>
disk number = as listed in previous command, normally 0
iv) clean (this erases all data on the Disk, so be sure you choose the correct one)now for verification of disk status and free space type
v)list disk
the status should be "online" and free space should be "disk size"
vi)exit

4- now restart the machine and boot from the Windows Disc/USB again
proceed and at "select disk to install windows" you would be able to view the hard disk drives
Old 08-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you so much all working can you tell me why the laptop/windows didn't see the drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

If you start an install and for whatever reason it fails, Windows may mark the drive as Invalid. Doing a Diskpart Clean will wipe the drive and ready it for an install.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

thanks for your help and explanation
Old 08-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
Registered Member

My System

You are welcome! Please mark this thread Solved in the Thread Tools at the top.
Attached Images

Closed Thread