Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Disc Write Protected

9K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ColoradoGuy 
#1 ·
Hi
Can anyone assist please. I have a 1 TB Western Digital My Book Essential. The problem is quite strange, and i have tried in vain to resolve it. Even WD have tried. I can read and write to the drive on my Desktop PC and on 2 x Toshiba Laptops, all running on Win 7 Ultimate. Unfortunately I can only read the files on my own Toshiba Laptop, I canoot add files. I have tried adjusting the shareing permissions etc, but I get blocked on this also.

Can anyone advise, how to get round this problem. I have also written to Toshiba, but no response.

Many Thanks:sad:

#2 ·
Re: Disc Write Protected

Try changing it's assigned drive-letter on your Toshiba laptop:

Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

In the bottom right pane, right-click the ribbon which relates to your My Book drive & choose Change Drive Letter and Paths

#6 ·
Re: Disc Write Protected

Re: Disc Write Protected on Toshiba laptop
Hi Emirateslad,

In Feb. 2012 you wrote to this forum concerning your problem with removing write-protection from your WD hard drive with your Toshiba laptop: "Problem solved. As directed by PIP22, I was in the properties area, and as everything was greyed out, I changed the drive properties to USb enumerator? And I now have access."

I have experienced exactly the same problem. Help! Can you explain what it means to "change the drive properties to USb enumerator" and exactly how I do it? (Not even Toshiba Support has be able to help me with this.)

Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

Colorado Guy :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.