Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Can I recover Files from my NTFS partition which got accidently deleted?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Networks 
#1 ·
Basicly what happened is I Had a HDD with 2 main partitions on it and also +1 very small one at the beginning of the drive (3total), was that the MBR or something?

Anyway I deleted the mini partition at the beginning by accident with a partition manager.
Then The 2nd partition that had my files on, showed up as EMPTY?

And then i did this: (Dont know whyy argh lol) I reformatted the 2nd partition to NTFS again thinking it would bring back the the HDD files? But no Ive just now got a 2nd empty partition.

I havent touched the 2nd partition again at all, and not one single file is on it. Can I revive the files from it?

(info - The 2nd partition is 360GB and it HAD 78GB of data on it before it went 'EMPTY'.)

Thankyou in advance!

#2 ·
Re: Can I recover Files from my NTFS partition which got accidently deleted?

You can scan for partitions and see if you can mount them to copy the data to another drive Partition Find and Mount: Download

If that doesn't work try the demo version of R-Studio scan the drive see if it can find the files

report back here on your progress

#4 ·

I think basicly All the files are there, under the surface. So i just got to bring them back to the surface.

Basicly When I ended up deleted that tiny first Partition on my HDD, all the files disapeared on my Biggest partition oat the end (2nd main partition)

So is this a hardrive table p[roblem? or just a recover files problem? thanks

Also I have 3 better programs (I think) to do this, Which would you think is the best one to use?

- Digital Rescue 4
- GetData Recover my files Pro
- Easus Data Recovery Pro

To get back 78GB of files from a 360GB formatted partition?

Thanks again

#5 ·

Try any of them I have seen various recovery packages give different results I have used Easus its worked for me in "some" cases. Did you even try the first link partition find and mount" its Free its a quick tool to run

#6 ·

SOLVED

Ended up using iCare Data recovery
I picked the 'Format recovery' option on the partition

After the 1hr 15min scan, i picked the highest recovery % partition thing.

Thenit showed me all the files, i picked which ones i wanted. Then selected a partition that I made before hand to save them to.

then it took 2 hours to save the files to there

and HAPPY DAYS got all my files!

phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.