Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

seagate ext problem

This is a discussion on seagate ext problem within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am unable to open up my ext hard drive on either of my 2 computors. I get the error

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am unable to open up my ext hard drive on either of my 2 computors. I get the error notice that it needs formatting .but formatting erases all information already stored.
i also get the message that it has an incorrect parameter.

our second computor is new and has norton 360 as protection . our problems have only started since we bought the new comp. Is it pssible that there is a connection?HELP i have important stuff on hard drive that i need to access and cannot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
CEM
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to CEM Send a message via Skype™ to CEM

Welcome to TSF ;

Can you go to Device Manager and disable 1394 port might be conflict with your External HD

Also try to use seatool

SeaTools | Seagate
Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

What are the OS'S? When you connected to the new machine did you get a prompt that there was ani issue with the device and it needed to be scanned and corrected? I have seen this happen with dwevices moved from an XP box to VISTA/Win7. You should always say to proceed without scanning. The device will function, and the scanning can cause issues when moving back to the older system.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
infected computer
Hi. I used this forum three years ago when I had a problem with an infected usb drive and was very grateful at how you helped me clear it up. Unfortunately, I now I have to come back to you with a new problem. I think this time it's worse as my computer seems very infected. Unlike last time...
thegoldenvision Resolved HJT Threads 47 05-10-2011 04:49 AM
[SOLVED] Yeah, I'm thinking my machine is infested.
Yeah, I'm thinking my machine is infested. Doesn't allow me to restore the system. Can't start up IE8 unless I rebooted first with the Internet cable unplugged. Can't open IE8,but you can see a bunch of IE processes in the Task Manager. Machine won't let me go into Safe Mode: Pressing F8...
Drawn Inactive Malware Help Topics 28 04-23-2011 05:57 AM
Halo 2 Won't install i hate it...
Hey, I just bought halo 2 at the store and i tought hmm fun game but then when i wanted to install the game it says Microsoft directx has stopped working and then i can't install the game... because i need to close the installation. I already have DX. 11 And got HD Readen 4770, AMD...
Takehofstra Game Installation Support 1 02-26-2011 07:39 PM
WinXP takes 5 min to load, freezes on programs
Dear Friends: I am an old man who is not very computer savvy. My sons are avid gamers, and know much more than I. They have left for college though, and are unable to assist me. I therefore seek your help. I recently installed some free software from the internet, including Spybot SD...
Archangelo Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 02-03-2011 09:20 PM
Malware Anti-Virus Program
Good Morning, my first time on Tech Support haha. About an hour ago, my laptop automatically ran an Anti-Virus Scanning program which said some of my files were corrupted, would I like to run a virus scan right now? Obviously this is nonsense because EVERYTHING I tried to open, the...
ZeN1TYM Resolved HJT Threads 16 01-08-2011 06:15 PM