Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter Issue.

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am having SATA connection on my Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P motherboard and have following issues--
1) I want to connect PATA/IDE hard drive to motherboard using 'SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter with AC Power Adapter', and I want to format and Install fresh copy of Windows XP on PATA hard drive. Is it possible? If yes then how?
2) Are there any chances of this process damaging my motherboard? Is it safe?

P.S-I know how to format and install Windows on a hard drive, just wanted to make sure if Installing XP on PATA hard drive after using Converter, is it similar?

Thank you..
Cheers
:pray:

#6 ·
Can we go back to the beginning and tell us what you are trying to do this for? Are you trying to setup a dual boot on this pc? If so why use an ide drive which will create problems, when you must have plenty of sata ports. Is it that you can't install XP on another pc and want to install it on this one to try on another one, because that will never work.?

#7 ·
No.. I have SATA drive and connection on my motherboard but I do have another IDE drive and want to install XP on it. The only way I can connect IDE drive to my SATA connection is by using Connector. Now how can i Install Win XP on my IDE when connected to SATA using connector ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.