Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

SATA HDD as the main drive on an IDE mobo?

This is a discussion on SATA HDD as the main drive on an IDE mobo? within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Basically, my IDE hard drive is really slow and noisy and I want to use my extra SATA hard drive

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

Basically, my IDE hard drive is really slow and noisy and I want to use my extra SATA hard drive on an old computer. However, the computer only has IDE connections... BUT! I have one of these:

I tried connecting my HDD to this via a SATA cable and powering the HDD via a molex to sata power cable. When I turn on the computer, it just tells me "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter"

All I want to do is run Windows XP from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
Registered Member

Please provide model number of the controller card. I see 3 sata ports and a raid chip. What port are you connecting the drive 2? Is the sticker still on your card?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old SATA HDD not recognised in new rig
Hey guys, Recently got myself a new rig: Mb: MSI 990FXA RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb CPU: AMD Phenom 2 x6 PSU: HX650w Corsair and a brand new 1tb sata drive to go with all my lovely new goodies.
xDaystar Hard Drive Support 7 01-01-2012 07:24 AM
Need help w IDE - SATA adapter
I notice that only one question on IDE to SATA converters seems to have been asked previously and noone answered it, so if there's a better place to ask please advise me. I just bought three SY-BIR-IDESA IDE to SATA bidirectional converters to connect my IDE hard drive, CD drive, and dvd...
villandra Hard Drive Support 4 09-05-2011 08:52 AM
[SOLVED] Installed new SATA HDD Now I can't see IDE HDD
Before I continue I want to let everyone know I did just go over both the top stickies on "hidden" hard drive and installing a new one but didn't find anything particular that I missed in the install sticky. As far as the missing, it said if it's partially viewable to use those steps and my hard...
shewillnotdie Hard Drive Support 11 08-16-2011 11:04 AM
Want to Build a New Intel or AMD System / Revised 2012 and updated regularly
https://i.imgur.com/puBh9u1.png https://i.imgur.com/TTntwDe.pngPlease note that this post is out of date! Please review our newest and always up-to-date thread here: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/tsf-hardware-teams-recommended-builds-2013-a-668661.html
linderman Building 1 01-11-2010 05:08 AM
How to copy your operating system from one drive to another.
Please do not post in this thread. I am rewriting an article. thanks. How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another Published by JohnthePilot 11-28-2006 How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another ________________________________________ How to...
JohnthePilot Dead-Sea Scrolls 2 03-05-2007 11:47 PM