Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Restore HDD Partitions to their original state

This is a discussion on Restore HDD Partitions to their original state within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I bought a Lenovo G45-50 Laptop and noticed the HDD has been altered from what i think it should be.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By seagate_surfer
  • 1 Post By spunk.funk
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 01:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

I bought a Lenovo G45-50 Laptop and noticed the HDD has been altered from what i think it should be. Looks like someone created an additional drive (F: ) I want to delete ALL of the unnecessary Volumes and have it the way it should have been new. The recovery partition still works as i already did a restore, but it left all the other volumes. Which ones can i safely delete and reclaim the space to the C: ??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2019, 01:37 AM   #2
Registered Member

I have uploaded the image twice. I dont see it for some reason
Old 01-15-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
Registered Member

jwc553911,

From the WinX Menu, open Disk Management, select the Drive you want to delete, right-click on it and then click on Delete Volume.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team
jwc553911 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

https://www.techsupportforum.com/cmp...ge=postinghelp
https://www.techsupportforum.com/215...-screenshot-2/
Please review the links to show you how to upload a screenshots or pictures.
In Windows 10. it creates a few Hidden Partitions, they should not have Drive letters associated with them. Lenovo may have created a Data drive for storage, this can be safely deleted leaving Unallocated Space, You then can Right click the C: drive and Extend it into the Unallocated Space in Disk Management. to gain more space on the C: drive
jwc553911 likes this.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #5
Registered Member

Picture of volumes
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	322602
Old 01-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Download Macrium Reflect Free version. Create a Disk Image clone of Disk 0 and save it to an external USB HDD. If anything happens with your computer, you can restore this image to be back to where you were.
Open Up Drive F:, if there are any files on this drive you want to keep, save them to the USB HDD.
In Disk Management, Partitions 5.6 and 7 can now be safely deleted. leaving Unallocated Space between C:and partition #8. Restart the computer. If it boots correctly and have no ill effects, go back to Disk Management, right click the C: drive and choose to Extend the Volume into the Unallocated Space.