Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

reformatted and now i have some big issues

This is a discussion on reformatted and now i have some big issues within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, I have reformatted my hard drive. Gateway tech support refuses to help me but I followed the directions from

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 02:43 PM   #1

Mistake

Ok, I have reformatted my hard drive. Gateway tech support refuses to help me but I followed the directions from www.cyberwalker.com except for making a back up disk. I can get windows loaded up and running but it has lots of files missing and I can only get black and white and 16 colors. I used the format c:/s thing. This computer is a bit old so I am guessing that the hard drive is going bad like my other computer did. It started acting up really bad and when I reformatted it the hard drive stop responding. What am I doing wrong? Can somebody give me some really accurite information on how to do this. Please help. Also if yall need to know, I think it has a 9 gb hd and its a Gatway 450. and im running windows 98.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2004, 03:50 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

i am going to assume that the files that are missing were documents, and programs.

those are lost, you will have to reinstall all your programs.

as far as the 16 color thing, you probably need to load the drivers for your video card.

now, if the hard disk is coming back with errors, then it might be bad, otherwise, i am curious to know what tells you the hard disk might be dying.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:42 PM   #3

Well it when the hd on the computer that im using now acted up really bad and started losing files before the hd went bad. And I also dont the fdisk thand too. But after Windows gets thru loading, all the files start being missing. Its like my CD-Rom isnt getting all the files or either the hard drive is losing them the time it gets written on there. I have no clue whats going on. I need some serious help badly.
Closed Thread