Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Raw partition on IDE, Fine on USB?

This is a discussion on Raw partition on IDE, Fine on USB? within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, I have a maxtor 300GB hard drive that serves as a storage for my files in slave. I

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 03:36 AM   #1
Troubled

My System

Hi guys, I have a maxtor 300GB hard drive that serves as a storage for my files in slave. I recently installed a fresh copy of Vista on my system disk (maxtor 200GB) that is connected via SATAII to my gigabyte ga965p s3 motherboard.

Now when I connect eh 300GB drive (via ide) to the motherboard, it takes painfully long time to boot the os and vista sees it as a raw partition. If however I connect the same hard drive via a usb external caddy, it reads fine.

I think this has something to do with my bios settings, but I have reset them as fail safe and optimised defaults, but that didn't help.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
Troubled

My System

bump cheers
Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

try taking ownership
https://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/...018/96018.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #4
Troubled

My System

thanks Dai, this has happened to me before, you may remember, so anoying!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CPU 100% + screen flashes
Okay - where do I begin!? First off - hello! I'm new. Yup, first post - and it will be a doozy! Heres my problem... When I open a video file, or certain games - my computer goes nuts. I can see the monitor resolution change to that of the game, then the CPU usage of that game goes to 100%...
Akula Windows XP Support 8 03-12-2007 10:02 PM
Severe Video problem's
Hello, everyone I'm new to the forum's and i need some help heres my query: I'm having problem's running allmost any video type normally WMA when i play a video file on any player my computer slows right down and my CPU usage goes to 100% .I've tried installing new codec's,reformatting and...
Skifer UK Video Card Support 26 02-28-2007 04:39 PM
Format A hard-drive partition
How to format a Hard Drive partition in Windows XP At some stage in your computers life things are going to take a turn for the worse. In the guide below Iím going to tell you how to format a partition correctly. Now, this guide will only apply to those who have created extra partitions on...
carsey Dead-Sea Scrolls 35 12-29-2006 07:33 PM
P4C800E-Dlx SATA?RAID?IDE?Intel?Promise?Efficient partition organization;Basic stuff?
Hi, I've arrived at this forum, & it seems like shangri-la, about a week after exhausting the MS knowledgebase & Asus website, becoming increasingly confused trying to figure out the best way to arrange my drives; going on the level of the correspondence I've witnessed on this site I'd have to...
Aconitine Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 0 05-06-2005 09:48 PM
Drive not attached?
Split a 60 gig hard drive into two 30GB partitons. Now one of the partitions is saying something like that hard disk is not attached. The other partition works fine. They are both physically the same drive but the second partitions is not attached according to windows 98. Sorry I don't have...
noend Hard Drive Support 4 07-28-2003 10:23 AM