Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

RAID 6 file recovery

This is a discussion on RAID 6 file recovery within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Lacie 5Big Network 2 NAS. I was unable to access the enclosure until i replaced drives #2

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Lacie 5Big Network 2 NAS. I was unable to access the enclosure until i replaced drives #2 and 5 with new, clean drives and reset the Lacie to factory setting. TheOnly then could I access the enclosure but not any of the info on the drives. Using a drive reader and free software i was able to get info on drives 1, 3 and 5. See three attached screen grabs.

Can anyone help me determine if I can somehow assemble the RAID files from the three drives onto one new USB drive and then access the data?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drive 1 recover.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	317810   Click image for larger version

Name:	drive 3 recover.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	317818   Click image for larger version

Name:	drive 5-recover.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	317826  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You will need to recover your data and then rebuild the Array. Here is one way to do it: How I Recovered My LaCie 5Big Network RAID 5 Array ~ Bauer-Power Media
The best way is to use this software NAS Data Recovery - RAID arrays - Buffalo Iomega DLink Seagate Western Digital - Data Recovery Software Products
Old 01-03-2018, 06:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I will check it out and report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2018, 06:46 AM   #4
Registered Member

I din't think I can swing this myself. Any idea of reputable RAID recovery companies and how much is a reasonable charge for my situation?

Runtime says there software does not support RAID-6
"Dear Matt,

RAID-6 is unfortunately not supported by our software.

Best regards,
Runtime Software"
Old 01-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery:
https://www.freeraidrecovery.com/
Closed Thread