Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Possible corrupted drive

This is a discussion on Possible corrupted drive within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. HP Pavilion notebook will not open windows XP. Instead it goes to a black screen with some kind of error

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 04:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

HP Pavilion notebook will not open windows XP. Instead it goes to a black screen with some kind of error that says, "NTLDR is missing" and says to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart computer. I did hard drive self test and it gives error #1-07 Fail. I have been trying to figure it out but I'm not getting anywhere. But I can't figure it out and it's so frustrating. Please Help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Welcome to TSF!

The "#1" means the first hard drive, The 07 (7 hex) means the hard drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

Here are the "Self-test results values":
Quote:
Value Description
0h The self-test routine completed without error.
1h The self-test routine was aborted by the application client.
2h The self-test routine was interrupted by the application client with a reset.
3h An unknown error occurred while the device server was executing the self-test routine
and the device server was unable to complete the self-test routine.
4h The self-test completed having a test element that failed, and the test element that
failed is not known.
5h The electrical segment of the self-test failed.
6h The servo (and/or seek) segment of the self-test failed.
7h The read/verify scan segment of the self-test failed.
8h-Dh Reserved
Eh The read/verify scan segment of the self-test is in progress
Fh The self-test routine is in progress
Old 02-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Exactly replace the hard drive.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2016, 07:09 AM   #4
WesternDigital
Representative

Hi @slyfox007!

I agree with @SpywareDr - I'm sorry to say that, but you have to replace the drive of your notebook. If it's still under warranty you can contact the manufacturers support and see if they can help you out with this issue.

Also, if you have any valuable data left on the HDD you can contact a data recovery company and they could help you out with retrieving your data.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Closed Thread