Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Please help me

This is a discussion on Please help me within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I just wanna start this off with. I DO NOT KNOW TECH! Now with that out of the way,

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

So I just wanna start this off with. I DO NOT KNOW TECH! Now with that out of the way, I really need help. I've had this gaming laptop since Christmas and it has a dual hard drive set up. One labeled C: and the other D: now ever since today it was running perfectly fine. However, if it was all fine and dandy I wouldn't be posting this. without me even shutting my laptop off or moving anything around, my laptop stopped recognizing D:'s existence. I have a file that was in D: that was pinned to my quick access and it just has the file name and under it D:. however, when I try and click on it I get "D:Steam is unavailable. if the location is on this pc, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disk is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network or internet, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and try again. If the I (it just cuts off here)"

My Laptop is an Asus computer. I don't know its model, it was a gift after all, but it says "Republic of Gamers" right below the screen if that helps. So please, someone help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2018, 10:04 PM   #2
Registered Member

Just to further elaborate I went to computer management and disk management and it didn't even show up there. Maybe somehow my other drive got disconnected, but I don't even know how that could happen since I was sitting down with my laptop on my lap watching Netflix before I ever even noticed that D: wasn't showing up. PLEASE HELP ME
Old 05-31-2018, 01:27 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

On the bottom of your laptop you should find the model# (see Attached)
Reboot the computer and hold down the F2 Key and boot into Setup (Bios) https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008829/
Under the Main tab, you should see the System Information listing the drives or under Hard Drives (see attached)
If your D: Drive is not listed by it's manufacturer here then it has become unplugged or it has failed.
You can remove the drives and reseat them, or remove the D: drive and attach it via a USB Adapter, Dock on Enclosure. If it doesn't spin up, it has failed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb54dafc-127b-4848-a690-c2607fc03c66.png
Views:	15
Size:	531.4 KB
ID:	320246   Click image for larger version

Name:	hard_disk_priority.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	320248  
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2018, 09:52 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
On the bottom of your laptop you should find the model# (see Attached)
Reboot the computer and hold down the F2 Key and boot into Setup (Bios) https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008829/
Under the Main tab, you should see the System Information listing the drives or under Hard Drives (see attached)
If your D: Drive is not listed by it's manufacturer here then it has become unplugged or it has failed.
You can remove the drives and reseat them, or remove the D: drive and attach it via a USB Adapter, Dock on Enclosure. If it doesn't spin up, it has failed.
My bios look completely different than this. I would take a picture to show you but my phone camera is broken and I don't have the money to fix it
Old 05-31-2018, 11:26 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
You can remove the drives and reseat them, or remove the D: drive and attach it via a USB Adapter, Dock on Enclosure If it doesn't spin up, it has failed.
It doesn't matter what the Bios looks like, just find the section that mentions Hard Drives. If it doesn't show the secondary D: drive then it is not plugged in, or it has failed. Probably the later. Either way you can remove it and attach it to another computer with a USB Adapter with a power adapter to diagnose as outlined in the quote above.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Quote:
If your 😧 Drive is not listed by it's manufacturer here then it has become unplugged or it has failed.
You can remove the drives and reseat them, or remove the 😧 drive and attach it via a USB Adapter, Dock on Enclosure If it doesn't spin up, it has failed.
It doesn't matter what the Bios looks like, just find the section that mentions Hard Drives. If it doesn't show the secondary 😧 drive then it is not plugged in, or it has failed. Probably the later. Either way you can remove it and attach it to another computer with a USB Adapter with a power adapter to diagnose as outlined in the quote above.
Alright. I checked and it wasnt showing up in the bios. So i tried to open up my laptop. Unscrewed everything and made sure to use ny wedge around the sides. But something in the center is keeping it together and i feel like of i pull to hard on it, it'll break. The modle is a "GL753V"
Old 05-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Maybe this will help:

Old 05-31-2018, 06:03 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Thank you so much, idk what I did but besides slightly opening up the back cover of my laptop, but it works now.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:28 PM   #9
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Great, it probably got knocked around and you fiddling with the lid put it back in place.
If this solved your problem, please mark this thread Solved in the Thread Tools at the top.
Attached Images