Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Partition mess...

This is a discussion on Partition mess... within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all :) I've recently have made an unexeptable mess with my partitions. First the story : All it's neverending(by

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hi all :)
I've recently have made an unexeptable mess with my partitions.
First the story : All it's neverending(by this time), story has started when my backup(the biggest one 350 Gb) partition has just dissapeared, said some like, "Do You want to format the drive", or some... Nothing helped, not the "PPDT", not the mentioned here on the forum(by the way great program), "TestDisk 6.12" and not a planty of tried programs that would be able to recover the partition, so I have plugged another Hard Drive (WD 250Gb) and recovered the files by an "EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro". All went smoothly, all of the files was recovered, moved to the plugged new HD, the old partition was formatted as requested... and here the real probs has started...
Well : first of all my Windows XP x64, refused to get start. After many many tries "accidently"(there was non of a repair option at first), it has been repaired by the original disk, but it has changed the main partition letter from E:\ to H:\ and as you all can understand, most of the programs wasn't start...and eventually it has refused to start(boot) at all...
Now I have a real mess with my partitions, but the major question is, is there a way to recover my old Windows XP x64? I'm working on a new installed one, on the second HD. And it seems like an impossible mission to get all the programs and options to be like on the old OS.
So I've decided to give it a try, to do anything possible to get the old OS back... Is it possible at all?!!
The old OS partition has been dissapeared although, after a wild and here the Test Disk 6.12 was extremly usefull and has recovered it, but it says something about : system32\ntoskrnl.exe - is broken... The "Expand d:\i386...", is doesn't helps. :(
This StartThread is getting toooo long, and may be(oh, how I'm afraid of it) it's useless to chew it a word more... So, is my "mission", is possible at all ?!!

P.S. If it has any possibility to recostruct this mess over, I'll post the specification of all patitions I have...

Thanks in advance,
Respectably, Flaksman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread