Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Partition Magic 8 - questions. Any experts out there?

This is a discussion on Partition Magic 8 - questions. Any experts out there? within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I bought a new dell laptop (inspron 9400) that I want to format and clean install xp with a

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #1

Hi,

I bought a new dell laptop (inspron 9400) that I want to format and clean install xp with a few partitions (going from outer to inner - 20gb current audio project partition, 5gb xp partition, 75gb the rest). The laptop is for use as a recording musician. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with...

If I make these partitions when installing xp by cd when it asks, ill i be able to use partition magic to resize/move them using partition magic 8 at a later date if I need to?

If I installed xp with my hard drive all just 1 partition, and then used partition magic to split it up, can I do it so that the outer layer is the 20gb audio project partition and the 75gb space is at the most inner part?

In partition magic is the partition furthest to the left the outermost drive and the partition furthest to the right the innermost partition?

Is it possible to have a non primary partition on the fastest outer layer of the drive? (i.e. the 20gb audio project on the outermost layer and the xp partition the next inside)

If anyone can shed any light on this I'd much appreciate it, thanks

Sache
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman
Hello:

I can answer one half of your questions >>>> sorry

yes; PM will work after you install windows from the Win XP install cd & YES Partition Magic will resize them as you need to.

as for the outer and inner >>>>> sorry I have never even heard of that

maybe others will chime in here:
Closed Thread