Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

not spin my hdd model: HDP725050GLA360

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  fzabkar 
#1 ·
Hi!
When I changed my hard disk from some PC, it doesn't spin up more. It hd is sata; other information are:

White label:

MODEL: HDP725050GLA360
PN: 0A35415

White label on PCB:

- first two lines:
0A29740​
BA2631​
- last two lines:
M6n829​
420B​

I follow the next thread (in this forum):

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f16/500gb-hitachi-deskstar-shorted-smoke-411858.html

and don't spin up

Maybe i need a to swap the pbc ... I only need to backup my information!!!

I'm open to any suggestions on how to proceed

thank's in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Did you check for voltage on both sides of TVS diodes the 5V and 12V ? Did the drive get dropped ? can you hear anything from the drive when its powered on ? put your ear up to the drive and apply power. Whats the history behind the failure what happened etc ? A board swap "may" help however you have to move the ROM Chip over to the new board. No guarantee it will fix if the problem is a frozen motor or head stiction. If data is valuable you may want to send to a Pro for diagnosis

#5 ·
Did you check for voltage on both sides of TVS diodes the 5V and 12V ?
Yes I checked

Did the drive get dropped ?
no

can you hear anything from the drive when its powered on ?
nothing hear

Whats the history behind the failure what happened etc ?
before i changed my hard disk from old PC, was ok ... when i change it to new pc this doesn't spin up ... maybe I try a bad connection and that led to damage ....

A board swap "may" help however you have to move the ROM Chip over to the new board. No guarantee it will fix if the problem is a frozen motor or head stiction.
how can i to know that is a frozen motor or head stiction?

thank's in advance

#7 ·
The removal of the TVS diode worked for me as it was defective on my PCB. Since the PCB is not protected without this TVS disode I was looking to install this diode again with a new diode. Therefore, I am looking for the part number for this TVS diode. This is the D4 diode on the 0A29740 board of the Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 hard drive. If anyone can help me with this part number I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance for all your help.

#9 ·
You could measure several voltage test points on your PCB.

Measure the voltages at each of the coils (100R and 2R2).

Measure pin #8 of U5 and U7 (serial flash and NVRAM).

Measure pin #1 of U4 (SDRAM).

Measure each of the 3 pins of transistor VR2 at bottom left.

These results should tell us whether the PCB is alive or brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.