Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

No Bootable Devices!!?? Help!?

This is a discussion on No Bootable Devices!!?? Help!? within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ive had my computer for a few years now an havent had any problems with it, so i was a

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #1

Ive had my computer for a few years now an havent had any problems with it, so i was a bit suprised when i turned it on one day an got a blue screen with the unmountable boot volume error, so after trying evry conceivable solution possible an rebooting with the windows vista repair cd, still nothing.

so i used seatools an completely erased the HDD so i could start a fresh,
now when i turn on the computer i get a black screen with a "no bootable devices, please insert cd and press any key an hit enter"

i recently purchased windows 7 ultimate online, and legally downloaded the Iso an correctly burnt it to a dvd, but even with the dvd in the drive i still get the "no bootable devices" message .. when i place the vista repair cd in it works fine an i can acess the repair computer option, my computer came pre installed with vista so i only have a vista repair cd an therefore cannot re install vista, hence why i bought windows 7, but im having issues installing, i still get the "no bootable devices" message evry time i turn on the computer, even when the disc is in an i press any key still the same message ... can anyone help me out here?? please i need assistance!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF!!!

It sounds like your Windows 7 Ultimate DVD is not bootable and/or the image did not burn properly.

Since you can boot to your VISTA disc, the drive is obviously working. However, is you VISTA disc really a CD or is it a DVD? I have seen drives that will boot or read a CD, but cannot read or boot from a DVD.

The quickest way to check the DVD would be to put it in another system and see if that system will boot from the DVD.

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #3

My vista disc is a cd, but i had to burn the windows 7 iso file to a dvd as it was too big a file to burn to a cd, having spent a large amount of money to download the iso files from windows because i wasnt sure which version my computer could handle.
i bought windows 7 from windows an have burnt it to a dvd,
when i place the dvd in the screen says "no bootable devices" ... i dont knw how to fix it, an i need answers, ive spent far too much money already for something that isnt working :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

check your drives are listed in the bios

check the plugs are secure at the drives and the m/board

your optical drive is a dvd drive?

Closed Thread