Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

New WD my book doesn't install

This is a discussion on New WD my book doesn't install within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just purchased the WD 1TB my book and plugged everything in and the AutoPlay for SmartWare came up as

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 03:55 AM   #1

I just purchased the WD 1TB my book and plugged everything in and the AutoPlay for SmartWare came up as did the Windows Found New Hardware Wizard window. I chose the first option to automatically find new drivers for it. I then clicked SmartWare to install.

It brings up the small window to Back Up Files or Set Up Drive.
I chose Set Up Drive and clicked Install in the next window and accepted the EULA.
It shows a progress window that it's installing with about 2 minutes left to finish.

It never takes me to the window where it says "SmartWare successfully installed" and to Continue Setup.

My Windows Update showed an update for "WD SES Device" so I installed it.

I try going to My Computer and clicking on the virtual drive to install and run SmartWare but nothing comes up.

In My Computer, I can see the drive for the My Book with 900 something gb of space and the virtual drive.

What do I do? Any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 04:03 AM   #2

Nevermind.. I plugged back in the USB cable to turn it on and went to My Computer >> virtual drive

I was always double clicking it to install it.

So this time I right-clicked the virtual drive and selected 'Open'
and I saw the WD SmartWare x64 setup and just opened that file and it works now.

Closed Thread