Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

new hard drive errror

This is a discussion on new hard drive errror within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all...noob here i just received my warranty replacement hd and plugged it in and am receiving a message... file

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 05:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all...noob here
i just received my warranty replacement hd and plugged it in and am receiving a message...
file \ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded, error code 7
any ideas would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

OS: Windows 7 x86 & x64, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003, Mac OSX 10.6.3

My System

check bios for one thing about the boot device config, but also reformat the drive if there is nothing important. however i havent researched that issue, so im just throwing out ideas
Old 08-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks...it's a brand new drive...i can't get past the first boot disk...keeps throwing out errors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

List the brand name of the drive you took out and the brand name of the one you are putting in. Also, what else is on that ribbon cable (assuming it is an IDE drive) and how are the jumpers on that drive set and which connector on the ribbon cable (end or middle) are you putting it on.
Closed Thread