Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My WD Passport 500 GB is not showing in My Computer

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Networks 
#1 ·
Hi

My WD Passport 500GB is having some kind of issue that when plugged in it gives a ting sound in windows like being detected and the light on the drive lits up but the HD is not showing up in My computer , while i checked in Disk management there it is showing with correct space and all but i am unable to perform any task on it like format it even from there.

furthermore the HD seems to gets disconnected with a windows ting sound after like every 15 to 20 min.
the b/m is the link of my drive. Thank you would like to get this working with your help.

My Passport Essential

#3 ·
Well i tried plugging it in other PCs and Laptops there there is no disconnection but the HD gets detected but its not available in My computer as only my standard Drives are being shown , the Pasport drive is no where to be found. only available if i check through the Disk management.

#4 ·
(My opinion)The WD passport is junk the USB connector at the drive goes bad all the time. The drive itself also has a USB connector no longer SATA some people have had luck apply pressure to the USB jack on the case with vise grips (gently) to get a better connection to get the data off. Some have replaced the USB connector if you have really good electronic skills to solder those tiny points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.