Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

My HDD shows a lower capacity (than the supposed one)

This is a discussion on My HDD shows a lower capacity (than the supposed one) within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an HGST HUH721010ALN600 hdd. As you can see from its P/N, it is 10 TB (nominally) and 4Kn.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
TSF Team Emeritus, Articles Team

I have an HGST HUH721010ALN600 hdd. As you can see from its P/N, it is 10 TB (nominally) and 4Kn. So, typically a 10TB hdd is supposed to show as 9,536 GB — however mine shows as 9,314 GB (9,1 TiB). So somehow I'm missing some 222 GB here — any ideas as to what might have caused this? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus, Articles Team

Sorry guys, methinks I let Seagate confuse me; as they mention Why does my hard drive report less capacity than indicated on the drive's label? | Seagate Support that 9,536 GB figure, but after re-thinking it I believe that 9.1 TiB is consistent with 10 TB. A happy New Year to all! :)
Old 12-29-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Glad you figured it out.

Happy New Year to you too.

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help!
Im unable to complete the gmer scan. It wont allow me to copy the results of the scan to submit to you guys. What do I do now?
REDLEG Resolved HJT Threads 49 12-15-2013 02:15 PM
"INTERNET SECURITY designed to protect" VIRUS
This correspondence is sent from username - crudeoil. Crudeoil’s infected laptop runs on XP and is a 32 bit computer. I am communicating to you from another laptop with all preliminary logs and reports. As such, all necessary downloads of log and reports scanning software and resulting text reports...
crudeoil Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 19 09-05-2013 09:25 AM
Security services missing, or not wolrking
I am having some issues with services either not running, or not showing up in the services configuration. I have scanned my system with malwarebytes, Microsoft Security essentials, but nothing is showing up as a threat. The services that are not showing up are Application Management, BranchCache,...
stanley62 Inactive Malware Help Topics 20 05-29-2013 12:47 PM
ZeroAccess virus
Hi my computer seems to have been infected by the zeroaccess virus and I need some help to remove it can someone please tell me how to get rid of it.
topogijo Resolved HJT Threads 18 05-20-2013 11:25 PM
Hdd dead or yet ?
PLEASE take some time to read the following. It took me alot of time to write it so I can describe everything that happened in detail so u would not need to know anything more and hopefully will be able to help me :( What happened: Couple of years ago I was carrying my laptop when I...
Metalloid Hard Drive Support 10 01-23-2011 08:28 AM