Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My 2TB Seagate External Hard Drive comes up as 'corrupted and unreadable'. HELP!!

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Networks 
#1 ·
I just bought it about a month and a half ago. It's not full but I started dumping everything valueable onto it. 'Windows disk write failed' would appear every now and then after a file transfer but would disappear after a restart. This time I had removed the USB cable for the hard drive out of the tower when I was trying to remove a flash drive. I quickly reconnected it but I guess I was too late because now it comes up with a blank Autoplay scan and a default name for my drive as opposed to the nickname I gave it. When I check the properties of the HD the pie is all blue and says 0 space 0 used. When I open what's now named 'Local Disk (F:)' its a blank window. Because it doesn't show my actual files I have faith that they aren't erased, just not accessible. Am I right? Can I fix this asap??

#2 ·
You have 2 choices. DIY /PRO DIY has risks your data your choice.

DIY: You can try to run the WD Diagnostics on the drive to see if it "passes" You can download r-studio run the demo scan the drive see if it can find the data

PRO: if you dont want to risk the DIY path then send to a Pro for recovery this is something the 2TB's have been doing it should be able to be recovered by a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.