Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

My 2TB Seagate External Hard Drive comes up as 'corrupted and unreadable'. HELP!!

This is a discussion on My 2TB Seagate External Hard Drive comes up as 'corrupted and unreadable'. HELP!! within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just bought it about a month and a half ago. It's not full but I started dumping everything valueable

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

I just bought it about a month and a half ago. It's not full but I started dumping everything valueable onto it. 'Windows disk write failed' would appear every now and then after a file transfer but would disappear after a restart. This time I had removed the USB cable for the hard drive out of the tower when I was trying to remove a flash drive. I quickly reconnected it but I guess I was too late because now it comes up with a blank Autoplay scan and a default name for my drive as opposed to the nickname I gave it. When I check the properties of the HD the pie is all blue and says 0 space 0 used. When I open what's now named 'Local Disk (F:)' its a blank window. Because it doesn't show my actual files I have faith that they aren't erased, just not accessible. Am I right? Can I fix this asap??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

You have 2 choices. DIY /PRO DIY has risks your data your choice.

DIY: You can try to run the WD Diagnostics on the drive to see if it "passes" You can download r-studio run the demo scan the drive see if it can find the data

PRO: if you dont want to risk the DIY path then send to a Pro for recovery this is something the 2TB's have been doing it should be able to be recovered by a pro.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is my motherboard bad?
One of my families computers just died without a warning, I replaced the power supply (matching voltage and everything) the CMOS battery, and plugged everything back in, but nothing turned on. I even unplugged everything and just had the minimum to turn it on, and still nothing. I didn't even...
Chibitech Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 9 02-27-2012 03:20 PM
Hitachi Hard Drive is locked when accessed in another laptop
Good day to all. I would like to understand why my hard drive is locked when accessed in another laptop. HISTORY: Hitachi hard drive is from an Acer Extensa 5420 laptop. Laptop is dead already. I set-up a BIOS password on the laptop, but I did not set up any hard drive encryption or password....
duke_31 Hard Drive Support 3 02-26-2012 06:08 AM
External HDD..... what interface is it actually?
Hi, I have one external HDD about 5 years old, hasn't used that much.. Lacie 250 GB. Its power adapter is getting kinda unreliable these days...I think its loose power connector than the adapter itself. I am thinking to open the encloser and use it as an extra internal HDD on my desktop.........
drosera01 Hard Drive Support 1 02-25-2012 04:33 AM
External hard drive problem!!(Urgent!)
Hello, Toshiba support team. I need urgent help that my external hard drive is not working suddenly. All of my important file are inside in this drive.. My model is Toshiba 500GB Canvio 3.0 USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Black w/White accents)
Heesang Hard Drive Support 2 02-25-2012 04:30 AM
[Urgent!] External Hard Drive is not working suddenly!
Hello, Toshiba support team. I need urgent help that my external hard drive is not working suddenly. All of my important file are inside in this drive.. My model is Toshiba 500GB Canvio 3.0 USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Black w/White accents)
Heesang Hard Drive Support 1 02-25-2012 04:20 AM