Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Multiple Sata Drive Problem

This is a discussion on Multiple Sata Drive Problem within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a P4 3.0 GHz LGA Processor, 2 GB Ram, D102GCC2 Intel Motherboard. Everythng works fine with One Sata

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:09 AM   #1

I have a P4 3.0 GHz LGA Processor, 2 GB Ram, D102GCC2 Intel Motherboard. Everythng works fine with One Sata Drive, but when i try to install a second Sata Drive as slave it starts giving weird beeps at boot startup, sometimes it boots to the OS but then after a while the drive stops working n i have to restart the system whiuch then gives me only my primary drive.

If i use two IDE drives then it works fine, i also have one DVD -Rom & One CD-RW, but that cant be the problem as i have tried unplugging them n re-tried the above with SATA.

In Short, multiple Sata doesnt seems to work with my machine. It cdnt be any problem with the Power Supply as it works perfect with Two IDE, & Two ROMs plus one external caing fan....thats lots of power being consumed by other components... & in my case unplugging all except the two sata drive havent altered nethng positive.

I have tried other OS, as i recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate ... biut that too resultive a failure.. also i have upgraded the BIOS yet no results.

Please tell me what shall i do, under the circumstances ... as i am really tired of troubleshooting all these..

plz any one ...give answers to this problem..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Is your motherboard Sata I compliant and your hard drive Sata II compliant? If so, then you need to move the jumper on the drive so the board can see the drive.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #3

I dont know abt the motherboard but i am using Sata I & abviosly if the mb has Sata then its Sata I compliant . ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 03:18 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

Is the drive you are trying to add a new one or an older one? New drives are all Sata II.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 AM   #5

iv only added it newly, its not sata II, by the way whats the difference. It aint written anywhere that its sata ii or nethng like dat ,
Old 01-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

What is the make and model of the drive?
Old 01-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #7

Make is Seagate..& its Sata I as both Hard Drive i.e. 80gb sata, 120 gb sata run perfect when used apart. Both when either of any is used as a slave then it starts giving weired beeps, & then it disappears, forcing me to hard reset the system. After the boot only the promary HD is detected.

Come'on guys .....where are the answers ?????
Closed Thread