Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Mounting external windows 10 HD

This is a discussion on Mounting external windows 10 HD within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The computer died, needed to replace the entire All-In-One, I want to connect the old drive as an external drive

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

The computer died, needed to replace the entire All-In-One, I want to connect the old drive as an external drive , All I can see is the recovery partition. Is there any way to mount the windows partition so I can copy needed data off the drive.
The partition comes up as donotuse. Disk management shows it as healthy with only one file showing. Is there any way to get the data off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Search the forums on TestDisk and you will find multiple posts around this.

Please follow these instructions to see if you're able to rebuild the partition table.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:10 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

If you have the drive in an external enclosure attached to working computer, then you can use HDD recovery tools to try and recover the data. You can use the Free TestDisk software. I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to restore your files to.
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Haha spunky, diff of a minute there :P

Old 02-22-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thank you, I will work on it over the weekend.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer runing to slow.
My comp HP Pavilion a1 123c opens any application or software slowly and internet sites also slow. OS X pro service pack3. System32. Total Physical Memory 1024 Mb. Available Ph. Mem.50.05Mb Total Virtual Mem. 2.00GB. Available Virtual Mem. 1.96Gb. I used AVG, Super antivirus free edition,...
Val852 Resolved HJT Threads 3 07-22-2013 07:35 PM
Help..xp bsod when i run virus scan.
Hi, this is Troy, i have windows xp with sp3 and i everytime i run a virus scan and have run multiple kinds from windows to maleware bytes...you name it. I get to a point in the scan where i get a blue screen and then computer shuts down. When i run it with out doing a scan the computer stays on....
sootherlol Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 02-18-2013 05:31 PM
Happili Virus Redirect
Hello: I've been hit with the Happili virus where it redirects me when I conduct a google search. Attached is the GMER and TDSS files. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. -ttvr4
ttvr4 Resolved HJT Threads 14 05-15-2012 11:47 AM
Bad Image Errors
I'm trying to get rid of some bad image errors and rundll errors during start-up on my windows xp computer. I ran the HiJackThis program and here is the log. I don't know which ones to delete. Please help. How do I avoid this in the future? Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4 Scan...
Generalpork12 Resolved HJT Threads 15 02-16-2012 03:52 PM
Virus blocking internet access.
After removing XP Antispyware 2012,I can no longer connect to the internet.It just says "acquiring network address". When I do ipconfig it says "RPC server is unavailable".There's nothing wrong with the internet connection itself.Just something on my computer preventing it from connecting. ....
honeybe Resolved HJT Threads 28 01-10-2012 02:26 AM