Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing operating ystem

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Old Rich 
#1 · (Edited)
Missing operating system

Hi guys and girls, I have Fdisk and reformatted my hard drive and now all I get at boot up is Missing operating system. I cannot even boot with the boot cd. I cannot access the bios as this is passworded . I can boot from cd but all I get is the above message. I can run one of my wndows 98 start up discs but that tells me no cd rom device driver is installed so i can even get passed this stage.
Waiting in anticiapation or your replies. Oh and the laptop is an acer aspire 5810T
Regards
Dek:sad:

#7 ·
What is the make and model # of your computer? Many Dell and HP computers allow you to press F12 to enter the Boot Priority menu. Here make CD rom drive First boot device, put the XP CD in and restart the computer. You should see the message Press Any Key TO Boot From CD.

#8 ·
Hi yes I can choose boot from cd drive . But when it boots it still says no operating system and then just hangs.
I have done this before but I have never encountered this after format
The model is an Acer Aspire 5810T . The option to go into the bios is a no no because it is passworded and I didnt even put a password on
Regards
Dek

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.