Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

MFM Card Identification

This is a discussion on MFM Card Identification within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have been trying to find information on what appears to be an MFM Hard Drive controller card made by

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have been trying to find information on what appears to be an MFM Hard Drive controller card made by Data Technology Corporation. I have tried looking around but cannot find this card in particular. There are various numbers on it like 520DB, DBB05A, 0092A 11232, and 05-89. I was wondering if this is an 8 bit MFM card or 16 bit or RLL card? It doesn’t have an ISA interface like most cards but does have two 34 pin connectors and two 20 pin connectors. It also has a 50 pin connector which I am guessing is SCSI. The card came with a MiniScribe Model 8425 hard drive and they both came from a Sundstrand 5 Axis CNC machine with a Vanguard 500 controller. I was hoping you can give me some information on the Card and possibly type of file system on the drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MFM card.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	278065  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

You might get some sort of info from this "Classic" hard drives: controllers, cabinets, disks, docs & hints it looks like hardware circa 1980's

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Tiny data sheet: DTC520DB.pdf

Nothing about the file system though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

more info: ST506/412 (MFM & RLL) - AllPinouts
Seagate ST-225 HH 21 Meg. 5.25" ST-506 MFM Hard Drive # 3839444 NO ERRORS. at least 20 years old or more.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

You can find what was in use for an operating system here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...rating_systems there are a few options

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread