Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Mainboard bios 100 G hard drive problem during boot sequence

This is a discussion on Mainboard bios 100 G hard drive problem during boot sequence within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please help, I currently have an Epox P-133a Mainborad with a WD 20 gig hard drive as master boot drive.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 03:46 AM   #1

Please help,
I currently have an Epox P-133a Mainborad with a WD 20 gig hard drive as master boot drive. I have added a 100 gig hard drive as a secondary primary master drive.
However after getting to the second screen in bios mainboard the system locks, it appears the Bios cannot display beyond 99 gig. It seems there is not another space availabe to display 100 gig.
The mainbord has Normal, LBA, and Large disk support. It also reads every drive on the first bios screen. I have the latest Bios on the mainboardf as well. THe jumpers on my drives are correct as far as I can tell as well.
THe new drive is a Magnetic Data Tech hard drive a Western Digital clone. PLeas any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2005, 05:35 AM   #2

The Epox P-133a is still quite a bit old. Even with an updated BIOS, it might not be new enough. You still may have problems getting a large drive to show correctly. You best bet would be to get an IDE PCI controller card. This way the BIOS on the controller card will handle any large disks.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:43 AM   #3
mark3567

Hi,

Crazijoe is correct in his assessment. Another issue you might look at is how you have them jumpered and where on the cable. Just as a double check, why not list all drives you have on IDE #1 and IDE #2, and how jumpered and where on the cable. That way, either Crazi or I can take a look a see if everything is set up properly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2005, 06:58 PM   #4

I have got a pci controller card and am curently through disk manager putting the drive online and formatting it.
Thanks Again!!!! Evryone!! So far so good.
Closed Thread