Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Lost Partition - Help needed !

This is a discussion on Lost Partition - Help needed ! within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there I have a issue with my harddrive that i need advice/help asap. In My computer i have the

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there

I have a issue with my harddrive that i need advice/help asap.

In My computer i have the following harddrive:

Hitachi Deskstar - Sata - 500Gb @7200 RPM

Model Number - HDP725050GLA360

The harddrive had two equal partitions - 250gb each.

Last week i went to swtich on my machne is got this error 'NTLDR MISSING'

I used the windows XP Professional disc to boot up and then attempt to repair the harddrive.

At the command prompt i typed two commands -
a) FIXBOOT &
b)FIXMBR

Basicaslly, i have lost my partition. I cannot get access to my data on the primary partition.
Out of the two partitions i can only get access to the secondry partition where i have retrieved the data.

I need to get the data from the primary partition but i cannot see anything on there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can correct the partition issue and retrieve data from my primary partition ???

The software that i am using is :

a) EASEUS Partition Recovery
b) Stella Phoneix 2.1 Data Recovery.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Have you connected the drive to another computer to "look" at the partitions ? This sounds like a spyware attack that has "hidden" the files in the first parition since you are able to access the 2nd partition the drive would seem to be ok. It would be nice to see a hex view of sector 63
Old 09-24-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi there

I have had a look at the partition recovery software and this is what i can see.... see pic..

When i go to explore to have a look at the partition - this is what i see... see pic ..

I cannot see any data there but just symbols etc ....

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can sort this issue out ??

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Try R-Studio see if you get the same results do the same just add the drive and scan it. You can stop the scan to check the results after about 3 hours or at least 25% of the way through the scan
Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #5
Troubled

The partition recovery is not a professional data recovery tool, you could use special data recovery software like TestDisk, it is a freeware.
Closed Thread