Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Locked out of External hard drive

This is a discussion on Locked out of External hard drive within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I recently had my dell hard drive fried and I'm obviously unable to boot it up. In the meantime,

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I recently had my dell hard drive fried and I'm obviously unable to boot it up. In the meantime, I've tried to take my external hard drive to another computer to access my files. Problem is that the hard drive was password protected on the old machine with the fried hard drive. Now, every time I try to access the external on my alternate PC i am told access is denied. Hard drive in question is a WD3200AAKS. Is primarily an internal, but got the external enclosure.

Is there any way to break through the password protection? I'm pretty sure my dell computers hard drive with the externals permissions are long gone, now. I dont want to format it as this external has all my music and files from about 8 years compiled on it.

Thanks in advance!

Oh and the busted Dell Laptop was running Vista basic...I'm now using Win7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

we offer no assistance with password problems under the forum rules

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cloning Hard Drive
Here is the scenario I would like to solve: I currently have an older hard drive that is used on my previous pc. I have purchased an upgraded pc (same brand) and would now like to use the older pc's hard drive as backup storage on the new pc. Before reformatting and placing it into the new pc,...
rogers family Hard Drive Support 1 05-26-2011 11:13 AM
External Hard Drive
I have a Western Digital hard drive and I accidentally pluged my laptop cord into it, now there is a constant flashing green light on the front of the drive case and the drive inside doesn't seem to be powered, I feel no vibration from the drive when its powered on. Is there any hope for this...
Potts Removable Media Drives 1 04-13-2011 08:34 AM
Damaged partition table... corrupted help
Maxtor Hard drive damaged partition table Dos Environment read test fail.. security freeze locked view Dos Environment Erase fail.. security freeze locked view fixmbr fixboot commands After then damaged partition table Warning exit quit ImageShack® - Online...
dang_boy Hard Drive Support 16 03-27-2011 05:03 PM
External hard drive help needed
I have a WD Elements external hard drive model# WD4000CO35-000. About two weeks ago it stopped working like it normally does for me. Normally when I plug it in a box comes up and asks if I want to view the folders. Or I can just go into "My Computer" and click on the Elements (G) drive...
6fthook Hard Drive Support 2 02-25-2011 08:40 PM
How to copy your operating system from one drive to another.
Please do not post in this thread. I am rewriting an article. thanks. How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another Published by JohnthePilot 11-28-2006 How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another ________________________________________ How to...
JohnthePilot Dead-Sea Scrolls 2 03-05-2007 11:47 PM