Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

KR7A RAID Hard disk striping

This is a discussion on KR7A RAID Hard disk striping within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a KR7A raid board, installed with two 40G HD. (IBM and Maxtor) One ATA100 and the other ATA133,

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 09:41 AM   #1

I have a KR7A raid board, installed with two 40G HD. (IBM and Maxtor) One ATA100 and the other ATA133, one of them slightly larger (41.7G vs 40G). They are sat as striping 0 (fastest performance) and master in channel1 and channel2. When I attempt to install WinXP-pro the setup is unable to find the disks?!- saying no disks available.
Partition magic have no problems finding the disks as a single 78G, and to partitioning them.

What is the problem with XP, any hints???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2005, 04:54 PM   #2

You will need to install the RAID controller driver during the install. When you start the install process, Windows will prompt you to press F6 to install any SCSI or RAID drivers. You will need to have the drivers on a floppy.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:00 AM   #3

Thanks, but my RAID controller is integrated into the motherboard, no drivers necessary (or available?) what I know of, and it has worked nice before. Does it have somthing to do with the 80G HD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2005, 03:53 PM   #4

WinXP will not have the driver in the installation disk unless you slipstream them in. The CD that came with the motherboard will have drivers for the HighPoint HPT372 RAID controller that is integrated on the MB or you can download them here.
https://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/dr...ies=1&model=89
You will need to put those drivers on a floppy disk.
You MB BIOS, RAID controller BIOS and Partition Magic can see the array but Windows cannot and doesn't know what to do with it. I have setup a number of RAID arrays and you need to install the driver on the F6 prompt.
Closed Thread