Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Kingston UV400 120GB SSD @ 99% Health

This is a discussion on Kingston UV400 120GB SSD @ 99% Health within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello TSF! I just want to ask, is this normal? I just bought an SSD (Kingston UV400 120GB) last January,

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to xtechnouser

Hello TSF!

I just want to ask, is this normal? I just bought an SSD (Kingston UV400 120GB) last January, 2018. I use it as the Primary Drive (OS and MSI RAMDisk) with a HDD as Secondary Drive (Storage).

According to Hard Disk Sentinel 5.20 Pro:

SSD Health: 99%
Power On Time: 7 Days, 2 Hours
Lifetime Writes: 2.43 TB

According to Kingston SSD Manager:

SSD Health: 100%

I am just confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2018, 03:13 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Confuse about what?
For a second opinion, download Crystal Disk Info. This would be the definitive information for the SSD.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Confuse about what?
For a second opinion, download Crystal Disk Info. This would be the definitive information for the SSD.
Hello sir! I am confused to what App should I believe into. One says 99% and the other 100%. I am trying the Crystal Disk Info now, I'll update later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2018, 11:28 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Crystal Disk Info doesn't help either. May I just ask, some S.M.A.R.T attributes could be supported by one SSD while the other isn't?

For example, according to the S.M.A.R.T Attributes supported by the Kingston SSDNow UV400, there is no Attribute No. 169 or the Remaining Life Percentage.

However, the Hard Disk Sentinel App, outputs data from that Attribute Number which is not supported by the Kingston SSD.

Maybe that is the reason why I get 99% Health on HDSentinel, and 100% Health on Kingston SSD Manager?
Old 05-30-2018, 12:54 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

The bottom line is, your SSD is in fine health.
Different software programs have different ways of the reading the results of a drives Health. You are concerned over one point. If it was dramatically different then you would warrant being alarmed.
Look at it as the way, a HDD's capacity are reported differently between binary and decimal (ie) A 1 Terrabyte is really is 1024 GB, but is measured as 1,000 GB's but the capacity the system can use is 931 GB's. We all know this and accept it, we don't go worrying about the lost GB's
Old 05-30-2018, 03:55 AM   #6
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
The bottom line is, your SSD is in fine health.
Different software programs have different ways of the reading the results of a drives Health. You are concerned over one point. If it was dramatically different then you would warrant being alarmed.
Look at it as the way, a HDD's capacity are reported differently between binary and decimal (ie) A 1 Terrabyte is really is 1024 GB, but is measured as 1,000 GB's but the capacity the system can use is 931 GB's. We all know this and accept it, we don't go worrying about the lost GB's
Well, actually it is just fine for me, all I wanted is to maximize the lifespan of my SSD, given the fact that the Power-On-Time was just only around 7 days, and the overall health already dropped by 1%, and I never wanted to follow that same pattern every 7 days of Power-On-Time dropping by another 1%.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:02 AM   #7
- Microsoft Support
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

My System

Simply running a self test on a drive via HDS can be enough to drop 1-2%, ignore it, it's fine really.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:51 AM   #8
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrow View Post
Simply running a self test on a drive via HDS can be enough to drop 1-2%, ignore it, it's fine really.
I see sir. Thank you!
Old 05-30-2018, 06:16 AM   #9
- Microsoft Support
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

My System

No worries, it's something I first noticed ~4 years ago (save the disk tests until you strongly suspect there's a problem?).

If you're happy that the question has been resolved, you can use the Thread Tools dropdown above to mark the topic as [Solved], it might enable others who've noticed the same thing happening.