Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

is my hard drive really done with!!

824 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gcavan 
#1 ·
hello people

i have a small problem. my old desktops hard drive have some issues and i think is gone. but before i decide whether i need to get a new drive or not, i like to make sure that the hard drive is really broken. so my computer just stop working one day i try to reformat the hard drive and the windows installation did not recognize the hard drive. therefore i use a fedora 16, live CD to boot the computer and see if i could see the hard drive. linux was not able to see the hard drive either. at these point i was pretty convince than my hard drive had seen better days and that it was done with. just to make sure than my hard drive was done with i took it out and put it in my HDD dock and plug it in into my laptop. windows recognize the hard drive. i open disk management and the drive was there i try to initiate the drive so that i could do chkdisk and fix the drive but it gave me an error and after a refresh the drive never show up again.

i think than my drive is done with. do you agree or do you have any suggestion i should try before i recycle the HDD

#2 ·
Download and run the drive diagnostic utility from the manufacturer's website. Use the bootable CD/floppy method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.