Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it possible to copy Operating System?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dai 
#1 ·
Is is possible to copy an Operating System from one drive to another within the same computer? Or can I install the OS on one drive & NOT the other (because the other drive has the OS on it)?

Here is a bit of background information. This computer has two hard drives (Local Disk C: & Local Disk H:) in it. I disconnected one of them (Disk C:) to try in a different computer; however, once installed in the other computer I was informed that the OS was not found. (At first I thought it was because the other computer originally used MS Windows Millennium Edition; however, once I thought about it I realized the OS was on Drive H:.) Anyway, when I reconnected Drive C: to this computer I believe I attached one cord too many because it no longer shows Disk C: in "my computer".

My question is this: Once Drive C: is reconnected properly, is it possible to COPY the OS from Drive H: to Drive C: so I can use Drive C: in a different computer? If not, where can I purchase a hard drive for a DELL XP400 that has Windows XP on it?

Confused and frustrated. :4-dontkno

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.