Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intel 520 SSD Driver Question

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jjtraxx 
#1 ·
Hi All. I just did a clean windows 7 Home Premium install on my new Intel 520 120 GB SSD. I had connected it to the Marvel Sata 3 controller on my Gigabyte motherboard, but come to realize that the Marvel just can't cut it with the SSD's. The Intel SSD optimizer was not working in the Intel SSD toolbox either. I researched this and decided to instead connect it to the Intel Sata 2 controller instead. The optimizer runs now, so I know it is working well. My Windows Disk rating is a 7.8, but I also ran AS SSD Benchmark and I am less then thrilled with the results. The overall speed of the new disk is not that much faster that the 1TB Barracuda it replaced... If you notice in the upper left hand corner of AS SSD, I believe the driver to be iastor. I think this is Intel rapid storage or matrix manager. I believe it should be the MS AHCI driver to take full advantage of it's speed. When I did the windows 7 install, it was connected tothe Marvel SATA 3 controller, but now is connected to the Intel SATA 2 controller. The Marvel was set to IDE when I did the install. The Intel SATA 2 controler I moved it to is set to AHCI/Raid. I do have a raid 1 mirror array on the Intel controller also, but it does not include this SSD. I have a feeling that since the controller it was connected to when I did the windows install was set to IDE, I might need to do another clean install on it now that it is connected to the Intel controller. If I can avoid this, that would be ideal. I just want to change the SSD driver to the fastest and most stable driver ( MS AHCI). Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.