Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

I changed my documents folder location

This is a discussion on I changed my documents folder location within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. OS=Windows 10 So i changed my document folder location into my user folder and it now says "C:\Users\Documents" instead of

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS=Windows 10

So i changed my document folder location into my user folder and it now says "C:\Users\Documents" instead of "C:\Users\adria".

If i try to move the location of the documents folder i get asked if i want to move all the files to the new location and because my downloads folder etc. is there i dont want to do that. then the error comes up "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same place that can't be moved. No access."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde (5).png
Views:	15
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	320162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde (4).png
Views:	17
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	320164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde (3).png
Views:	10
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	320166  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2018, 07:50 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Open the File Explorer and Create New Folder: cntrl+Shift+n

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #3
Registered Member

I just Restored my computer, probebly was about time anyway.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Pages go to Ads - Malware or Spyware
Hello! Recently every time I try to go to a new page, it directs me to an ad page. I have tried to remove programs I do not use and do not recognize and change settings to fix automatic redirects but I have not found the problem. Very frustrating....Below is my dds.txt I tried to zip the other...
lorit999 Resolved HJT Threads 16 01-29-2014 01:15 PM
[SOLVED] Windows Explorer is not responding
"Windows Explorer is not responding Windows can check for a solution. If you restart or close the program, you might lose information." I get three choices. ( Listed below in a row) :( > Check for a solution and restart the program > Close the program > Wait for the program to respond ...
Chololatino Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-25-2013 08:22 PM
help! mixidj on browsers and messing with OS
I just reformated my hard drive. I updated windows 7, then downloaded MS Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, FF, Spywareblaster, and while downloading peerblock things started to go weird. I got a popup to install realplayer, which I hadn't downloaded and a weird toolbar appeared on my browsers -...
tierra Resolved HJT Threads 73 04-13-2013 09:48 PM
Direct X Problem
When I try to install a new DirectX it says a system error occurred and to refer to the DirectX.log and dtcinstall.log This is the DirectX.log: 08/13/10 11:32:31: DXSetup: CommandLine: /silent 08/13/10 11:32:31: DSETUP: DirectXSetupA(): hWnd: 00000000 dwFlags: 02010098 08/13/10...
travhave Windows XP Support 6 11-28-2011 03:17 PM
Moving User / Documents Folder Location
Alright- Firstly ,Thanks so much for the help. Previously I asked a question pertaining to partitioning of my Hard Drive Which Thank you I successfully did and it turned out quite well. I'm running windows 7 x64 Now I was hoping to allocate all my files that would normally be placed in...
merr Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 02-01-2011 12:37 AM