Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

I am looking for help finding an hDD/SSD upgrade for my asus k501ux

This is a discussion on I am looking for help finding an hDD/SSD upgrade for my asus k501ux within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Title basically explains the jist of it. I have an Asus k501ux ( ASUS K501UX-WH74 Gaming Laptop 6th Generation Intel

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

Title basically explains the jist of it. I have an Asus k501ux (ASUS K501UX-WH74 Gaming Laptop 6th Generation Intel Core i7 6500U (2.50 GHz) 16 GB Memory 256 GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2 GB 15.6" 4K Windows 10 Home 64-Bit-Newegg.com) and was wondering if it was possible buy and upgrade my HDD to either a better HDD or SSD (Preferably at least 1 TB). Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2016, 06:48 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

The link you provided for this computer specs says it already comes with a 256GB SSD?
If money is no object, then yes, you can upgrade the 256 SSD to a 1TB SSD.
But you can keep your SSD and just add an external HDD for storage.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
The link you provided for this computer specs says it already comes with a 256GB SSD?
If money is no object, then yes, you can upgrade the 256 SSD to a 1TB SSD.
But you can keep your SSD and just add an external HDD for storage.
Sorry I didn't specify what I had. I have a 230 GB HDD, Intel i7, Nvidia Gtx 950, and 8 GB ram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2016, 07:20 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Yes, that is what the specs show and what spunk.funk stated. 256GB is the unformatted size.

And yes, you can simply buy a new 1TB SSD and swap them. The retail drives typically ship with software to clone the original drive, but there are other options as well.

Closed Thread