Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help with RAID 1 array

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jjtraxx 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have a Gigabyte P55a-ud4p rev. 1 motherboard in a self-built system that contains a raid 1 array of 2 hdds. I just flashed my bios to the latest full release in order to swap out my c drive to a new intel 520 ssd. In the course of doing this, I accidentally messed with the sata modes in the bios. My raid array says it needs rebuilding on the post screen. I see and can access the array in windows 7 64 bit, but my intel matrix manager no longer loads on startup and when I run it, I get the plugin error. I need to rebuild my array so as to manage it with the matrix manager. HELP! device manager only shows a gigabyte controller and that says nothing about raid. I have the array drives plugged in to the SATA2 ports on the motherboard... I have not moved them. I would expect device manager to show the intel raid controller, but it doesn't. As you can tell, RAID is not my thing for knowledge. all controllers in bios F14 are set to IDE mode, which is how they were before I screwed them up, I think. If I change them to anything else, my boot gets stuck on the "loading os" screen. New ssd coming tomorrow and I still have to run acronis before I swap it in. Thanks in advance.:banghead:

#2 ·
Several questions:
1. Is the array the only disk in the system?, That is, does the Windows run from it or not?
2. You say that you can access the raid from Windows. Does that mean that you can copy files from it?
If the answers for 1 is no and 2 yes, I'd backup the array, rebuild it, and return files back to the new array.

#3 ·
1. No, the array is only used for storage of data (music , pictures, and movies
2. Yes, I copied a file to the clipboard and was able to paste it onto the desktop.

I will attempt to back it up with acronis now. I do not know how to rebuild it. I know I would have to do it from the raid config utility from the post screen, but not sure how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.