Originally Posted by raptor_pa
Don't format, if the drive is recognized even as a drive, recovery software will be able to scan it, it does not need to be recognized in my computer or have a file system.
If seatools ids the drive then r-studio or getdataback should also find it and be able to scan the disk. Did you try running any of the diagnostics from Seatools?
If those two can't scan it then - some background question.
1) - How did you determine the PCB was the fault, what was the initial error and what testing did you do.
2) What parameters of the patient drive did you match with the donor to determine PCB compatibility?
3) Did you verify no solder bridges on the ROM and the alignment is correct, pin 1 in the right location?
I haven't tried getdataback and R-Studio. I will be trying that.
1. I had a bad SATA pin connector issue(it was passing high voltage) and when i opened the logical board there were few things that was burnt. I had them replaced once and I connect it to the same computer(this was before i knew the problem was with SATA pin connector).
The second time I connected the HDD it burnt the PCB and smoke came outta it. My local technician asked me to get a PCB.
2) The PCB I found matched the physical PCB specification. It matched all the below details
PCB Number: 100468303 REV A
Smooth Chip number: 100369972
BIG CHIP number: TTB5041A0
I had the BIOS chip replaced from the patient to the donor so that should take care of firmware, hdd bootcode and other things
3) BIOS chip replacement for the HDD is done correctly as I got it done by a local technician who has been doing this for 15 years.. So no alignment or solder bridge issue.
I tried coupla recovery programs like
1. Ontrack easy recover (bootable) - didn't detect.
2. I tried MHDD to see if i get more information about the HDD. It didn't detect my drive
I haven't done the surface test, I will be doing that and will report the same.
I got an update from the local technician who says there is no physical issues with the HDD at all and he says that the HDD media is corrupted and it needs to be rebuilt. He doesn't have any idea about data recovery and other things. He asked me to go to local recovery center(which i don't want to do)
So is there any diagnostics that I can run and report here with LOG so that experts can take a look at ?