Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDD fails to boot unless i shake my computer and hangs when i stop shaking it

6K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  linderman 
#1 ·
im running a 1tb WD carver green hdd, im a computer technician so sometimes i have to move my pc to check IDE hdd for customers but every time i move my pc and put it to lie down on its side my system stars fine but when i put it to stand my hdd fails to boot, the screen is jest blank, sometimes it takes hours to start or i have to keep on shaking my pc for it to boot which is very annoying and when it finally boots and i stop shaking it hangs can u help me solve this problem its been happening after i installed the tb drive, i kno u ppl here got alot of knowledge, so help me out here, im not in a rush i kno how things are here on TSF but when u guys hav time help me out please

#6 ·
ok i did check the cables, ever things fine once its on a flat surface it starts up normal boots everything, the problem starts when i shoutdown to clean out the inside of my computer its troblle to boot after cleaning i have to make sure the pc is completely flat on a surface its kind of annoying i hav to stick paper below to get it steady. my computer is a desktop PC

#7 ·
sounds like a loose power cable to me .......possibly at the video card end of things rather than hard drive

I would get the system running with the case cover off / then start easily wiggling cables until you find the culprit

#10 ·
sounds like either the data plug or the power plug on the drive is problematic; I would say image the drive with a program like shadow protect if you need to save your data; then install a new hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.